The New CMO: How Shaking Up the Traditional Org Chart Can Help You Build and Sell Better Products
The role of CMO has evolved significantly due to rapid changes in the product development process (including more frequent launches and instant customer response to products.) As a result, it’s become increasingly important for top marketing and operations executives to have constant access to – and collaboration with – the product teams. This session will teach marketing executives how aligning the product, design, marketing and engineering teams into a single org can result in better products, happier customers, and higher sales.
After this session, you’ll be able to:
- Build and sell better products with this new cross-border role for CMOs
- Toss out the traditional org chart and place marketing and product teams under one umbrella
- Map teams to areas of focus, rather than disciplines
- Improve efficiency across the company by sharing cross-functional goals that are based on outcomes, not features
- Understand why it’s important to “picture” and “market” to your customer